PHARMACOLOGY – II
It is with great pleasure that we introduce the first edition of textbook on “Pharmacology-II”.This
book further elucidates and clarifies major pharmacological concepts were already introduced to
students in the first course of Pharmacology.
This book is a sincere attempt to concepts and vocabulary understandable to students and field
experts alike. I have tried to simplify the medical terminology for ease of concept grasping even
for the first year students.
The text was put through great lengths to keep it error-free and convey the subject in a style that
is understandable to students. However, any recommendations and helpful criticism would be
much appreciated and included in a subsequent edition.At the end of the course student will be
1. Pharmacology of drugs acting on cardio vascular system
2. Autocoids and related drugs
3. Pharmacology of drugs acting on endocrine system
4. Principles and applications of bioassay.
5. Anterior Pituitary hormones- analogues and their inhibitors.